Beets are an excellent addition to salads, especially when roasted and warmed. It becomes sweeter and makes this salad complete. Beets are loaded with heart healthy nutrients and help to cleanse your blood and liver. In the summer months, try this salad with the beets grated raw.
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup and garlic in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C. Place beets on a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet and make a sack out of the foil, sealing tightly (or alternatively, peel and cut beets, coat with olive oil and sea salt and bake for 45 minutes).
- Bake for 60 minutes. Remove from oven and let beets steam in sack for 10 minutes. Undo sack and let cool slightly (or if cubed, allow to cool for 15 minutes).
- After beets have cooled enough to handle, slip off their skins and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix beets with half of vinaigrette. Mix greens with the rest of the vinaigrette and top with beets, pumpkin seeds and avocado. Serve.
- Crumble some organic goat cheese on top for a special treat.
- Dressing stores for 2 weeks.