Saladmaster Food Processor
4.5 Qt. Mini Braiser Pan with Cover (Limited Edition)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Boneless chicken thighs cook quickly for this easy meal. There is plenty of delicious sauce that pairs well with roasted potato or rice. Substitute bone-in chicken legs and thighs for an equally delicious meal, when you have a little more time.
boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
onion, medium dice
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
sweet bell peppers, medium dice
capers, drained and rinsed
arrowroot powder or organic cornstarch
salt and fresh ground pepper
fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat pan over medium-high heat until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- While pan is preheating, trim chicken and place on clean plate. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place seasoned chicken thighs in pan in a single layer. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until browned. Remove chicken from pan and place in clean dish along with any juices.
- Add onions, garlic and peppers to pan and sauté onion for 2 - 3 minutes until slightly softened. Add basil and capers.
- Place chicken and any juices back in pan. Pour 1 cup chicken stock and balsamic vinegar over top of chicken.
- Place cover on pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine remaining chicken stock and arrowroot powder. Add to pan and stir to combine.
- Cook for 8 - 10 minutes until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper as needed.
- Top with parsley and serve.
- Substitute boneless chicken thighs for bone-in turkey legs.
- Add additional vegetables to braising liquid: new potatoes, carrots, parsnips or your favorite vegetables.