4 - 6 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Fisherman's Stew known as Marmitako, meaning "from the pot," is a typical Basque dish. Fish stew is popular in the warmer summer months when tuna is available, but feel free to substitute other firm fleshed fish such as halibut or cod
sweet onion, minced
red bell pepper, minced
Poblano or Anaheim chili pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced
cloves garlic, peeled and shredded, use Cone #1
dry white wine
8 - 10
crushed red pepper flakes
red or new potatoes, scrubbed and cut into medium dice, or cut in half lengthwise if small
tuna fillets, trimmed and cut into 1 1⁄2 inch cubes
fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Preheat MP5, uncovered, at 350°F/175°C.
- Add onions, peppers and garlic. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until softened.
- Add white wine, fish stock, saffron, crushed red pepper and potatoes. Place cover on MP5.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce temperature to 225°F/110°C and cook for 8 - 10 minutes until potatoes are soft, but not totally cooked.
- Add tuna and tomato, and stir to combine. Cover MP5 and cook for an additional 10 - 115 minutes until tuna is cooked.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with extra salt and fresh ground pepper as needed.
- Right before serving, add chopped parsley. Serve stew in warm soup bowls.
- Add in 2 - 3 cups of chopped spinach or arugula right before serving.
- Fresh fish stock is so easy to make. Try this recipe: http://recipes.saladmaster.com/recipe/fish-stock. Make a large batch and freeze in smaller containers for future use.
- Serve fish stew with crusty bread.