Broccoli “rice” is made by mincing broccoli, stem and all. It is available premade in many markets, but is so easy to make yourself. Use your Saladmaster machine to quickly process broccoli for a fresher and more economical choice. Using finely minced broccoli or cauliflower is a great way to add in more vegetables in place of grains. This one pot dish is perfect for a crowd and its gluten-free, grain-free and Paleo friendly.
- Preheat Grand Gourmet over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Season meat with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper and smoked paprika, toss to combine.
- Sauté ½ of seasoned meat for 3-5 minutes until browned, remove cooked meat and juices from pan and place in a clean bowl. Cook remaining meat in the same way.
- Sauté onion, garlic and peppers for 2-3 minutes. Add mushrooms to pan and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cooked beef to pan, toss to combine with other vegetables and stir. Place lid on pan and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click turn heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and remove pan from heat, to prevent overcooking. Taste and add extra seasoning as needed.
- Serve warm, as is or with choice of toppings.
- For those who are not following a Paleo or grain free diet, serve with basmati rice or quinoa.