Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
2.5 Qt. (1.49L) Culinary Basket
11" Large Skillet with Cover
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
Adapted recipe from Janet Potts, RD, LD
lean ground beef
onions, strung, use Cone #2
reduced-sodium taco seasoning
chopped green chilies
red enchilada sauce
green enchilada sauce
(8 ounces) fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded, use Cone #1
fat-free sour cream
- Add 1 cup (240 mL) water in sauce pan. Place culinary basket inside pan and cover. Turn heat to medium-high and bring water to a rolling boil, approximately 3 - 5 minutes. Uncover and add ground beef to basket. Cover and vapor cook for approximately 3 - 4 minutes; uncover and lightly toss meat to allow vapor to reach uncooked meat. Cover and cook another 3 - 4 minutes or until meat is browned throughout. Remove from heat. Attach handles to basket and shake off excess liquid over pan.
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, add ground beef and onions. Sauté until onions are clear. Stir in taco seasoning and green chilies. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine red and green enchilada sauce. Add meat mixture and stir to combine. Spread 1⁄2 cup mixture in bottom of electric skillet.
- Dip tortillas, one at a time, into enchilada sauce mixture. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons mixture and 1⁄2 tablespoon cheese into each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in electric skillet. Pour remaining mixture over enchiladas.
- Cover, set temperature to 250°F/120°C and bake for 20 minutes. Top with remaining cheese and bake 5 more minutes.
- Serve enchiladas with sour cream.
- You may use your RIC1 setting on the temperature probe. After 20 minutes, top with cheese, cover and cook until done.
- Buying ground beef with a higher percentage of fat is usually less expensive per pound. Use the Saladmaster Culinary Baskets to de-fat the meat and save you money!