Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Contributing Recipe Editor
plain Greek yogurt
cucumber, seeded and strung, use Cone #2
fresh dill or 1 ½ tablespoons dried dill
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
salt and pepper to taste
chuck roast, cut into ½ inch filets
extra virgin olive oil
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
fresh lemon juice
large onion, thinly sliced, use Cone #4
warmed pita folds
sliced tomatoes and lettuce, for serving
- In medium mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until blended and creamy.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Preheat MP5 temperature probe to 425°F/220°C.
- Pat beef dry with paper towels to remove any moisture. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and lemon juice; stir to blend and set aside.
- When temperature reaches 425°F/220°C, add beef. Stir until browned on all sides, approximately 7 minutes. Drain off any excess liquid – can remove with kitchen baster, if desired.
- Reduce temperature to 170°F/75°C. Place onions in MP5 and pour in olive oil mixture. Stir to coat.
- Cover and cook for approximately 6 hours or until beef is extremely tender.
- Serve beef over pita folds with Tzatziki sauce, tomatoes and lettuce.
- Meat will tenderize with cooking. If you check and it is not tender, it’s not done.
Beef not including pita