This simple recipe is made up of delectable black beans, which are rich in protein and fiber. Combined with almond butter, and cumin, this "burger" is filling and unique. Once all of the ingredients are mashed together it is ready to eat, but once baked as a burger it can be topped on a sprouted bun, stuffed into a wrap or enjoyed on warm grains.
These black bean burgers are hearty, healthy, and completely vegan! The perfect dish for summer backyard parties...you will never eat a meat-based burger again.
- Rinse soaked beans and place in sauce pan with enough water to cover beans by approximately 1 - 2 inches. Cover and cook over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 1 1⁄2 hours.
- Place beans in a bowl and mash. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Scoop 1⁄3 cup of mixture at a time to form burger patties.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, add several patties without over-crowding skillet.
- Cook patties for approximately 5 - 10 minutes on each side, or until warmed through and golden brown.
- Serve with sprouted buns or salad.