5 cups, 4 tablespoons per serving
Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
medium mixing bowl
A nutritious appetizer or tortilla filling that brings only good things to your body. Low calories, low-fat, zero cholesterol, low-sodium, no sugar - and the best part is that it's irresistibly delicious!
pinch black pepper
brown sugar, packed
black beans, rinsed and drained
jicama, peeled and strung, use Cone #2
red onion, strung, use Cone #2
green chilies, diced
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, lower heat to medium low and place corn in pan. Sauté, stirring, until browned, approximately 3 minutes.
- In medium bowl combine salt, pepper, lime juice, cumin, coriander and brown sugar.
- Add corn and remaining ingredients into the medium bowl with dressing and stir to thoroughly blended.
- Allow to marinate at least 1 hour.
- Serve with chips or toasted tortillas. To toast tortilla, heat small skillet, place tortilla into skillet and cook for 30 seconds. Turn and toast other side. Fold into quarters and place on serving plate with black bean salsa.