As the outstanding combination of tastes blend together for a unique medley of flavors this recipe will summon raves from your family or guests! It will look like you've slaved for hours over this lovely gourmet meal but it's easy - and the cleanup with the EOC is easy too. Prepare for a standing ovation.
- Place all 7 marinade ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour marinade into large zip-lock bag or covered container. Add pork. Roll pork to coat.
- Chill for at least 4 hours. Can marinade up to 24 hours in advance.
- Stir together all ingredients in large bowl.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Can make a day prior to serving.
Cooking and Assembly
- Preheat electric skillet to 350°F/177°C.
- Remove pork from marinade, saving marinade for later, an place meat into electric skillet. Sear, uncovered for approximately 5 minutes. Meat should be well browned and will loosen from the bottom of the skillet. Turn an brown second side, approximately 5 minutes. Turn and brown third side, approximately 5 minutes. Turn to remaining side, cover, reduce heat to 300°F/149°C and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour saved marinade over meat, recover, reduce heat to 300°F/163°and cook approximately 5 more minutes or until temperature of the interior of the meat is 145°F/63°C.
- Remove meat from pan to a cutting board and allow meat to rest 10 minutes before carving. Cut meat on a diagonal, place on plate and cover with Blueberry Salsa.
- Serve on saffron rice. Follow instructions according to package. Or to make your own use the following instructions: 2 2/3 cup cold water (649 mL) 1 1/2 cup long grain rice (278) 1 1/2 teaspoon salt (7.5 mL) 1/4 teaspoon saffron (1.25 mL) In a 3 quart sauce pan combine water, rice, salt and saffron. Cover and bring to a boil. When Vapo Valve™ sounds reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered for 10 minutes. Makes 6 servings.