Saladmaster Food Processor
4.5 Qt. Mini Braiser Pan with Cover (Limited Edition)
Stove top roasted and then simmered in its own juices, this quick and delicious one pan meal will leave you wanting more. One bite and you’ll taste the savory flavors of your favorite comfort foods braised with an Asian twist of ginger and soy.
chicken thighs (or 8-10 drumsticks)
potatoes, cut in small chunks
carrot, cut in small chunks
salt (or to taste)
fresh ginger, cone #4
garlic, cone #4
- Preheat pan on medium heat. Pan is heated once water beads form in pan when sprinkled.
- Pat dry meat with paper towel, and then place in pan to sear for approximately 7-8 minutes with cover slightly ajar.
- Turn meat, and then add vegetables and remaining ingredients. Cover and once vapo valve clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with cooked brown rice, quinoa or polenta.
- For variety, add more of your choice of vegetables, like mushrooms and diced onions.
- Double the batch and use the 9 Qt. Braiser Pan
- Substitute potatoes with other vegetables like turnip, daikon, taro kabocha squash.
- Instead of chicken, try country style pork ribs, lamb shanks or beef brisket, all of which may require more cooking time depending on type of meat.
- Make this recipe vegan by replacing meat with tofu, which requires little oil once it is first pan fried.
- To thicken sauce, use 2-3 teaspoons corn starch blended with 1/2 cup water.
- Types of cooking wine for this recipe could be sherry, white wine or shao xing.