8 - 12 servings
Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Mega Skillet Limited Edition
large mixing bowl
Professional Natural Foods Chef & Board Certified Health Coach
Frittata or egg pie is the perfect simple meal for a large group. Serve this as a light entrée, warm or at room temperature, for brunch or dinner.
Visit the Mega Skillet Limited Edition product section of this site for more recipes.
large head (4 cups/365g) broccoli, trimmed, chopped, and rinsed thoroughly
large onions, peeled and strung, use Cone #2
cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
eggs, organic preferred
pecorino Romano cheese or Parmesan, shredded, use Cone #1
fresh ground pepper
fontina cheese, strung, use Cone #2
mixed salad greens, cleaned and cut into bite size pieces
ripe tomatoes, cut into small dice
pieces organic turkey bacon, nitrate free preferred, cooked until crispy and chopped
salt and pepper to season
- Place fresh broccoli in sauce pan; cover and place on stove top with temperature set on medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 5 - 7 minutes or until broccoli is tender crisp. Remove from heat and set aside.
- String onions directly into Mega Skillet and add garlic. Place skillet on stove, turn heat to medium and sauté onions for 7 minutes or until translucent. Add cooked broccoli and stir to combine.
- In a bowl combine eggs, pecorino Romano cheese, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Whisk well with wire whisk until fluffy and well combined.
- Pour egg mixture over vegetable mix in skillet and top with fontina cheese. Reduce heat to low. When eggs start to set on edges, use spatula and lift edges, letting uncooked eggs flow underneath. When eggs are completely set, approximately 10 - 12 minutes, turn off heat and place cover on skillet. Let frittata sit for another 5 minutes.
- While frittata is cooking place greens, tomatoes and bacon in a bowl. Drizzle lemon juice, olive oil, salt and fresh ground pepper over salad. Toss to combine.
- Serve slice of frittata topped with BLT salad.
- Substitute broccoli for spinach or kale.
- For a vegetarian version substitute turkey bacon for cooked tempeh bacon strips.
Analysis based on 12 servings