Non-starchy, low carb vegetables are a good source of vitamins, minerals and fiber. These low carb vegetables help to fill up without spiking blood sugar levels. Broccoli is loaded with vitamins A, C and K and Iron. Cook vegetables in this soup just until tender crisp to maintain the most nutrition.
- Preheat 10 Qt. Roaster over medium heat until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Sauté celery, onions and ginger for 3-4 minutes until softened
- Add broccoli, salt and garlic to roaster and stir to combine, sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and stock to roaster. Place lid on roaster and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 15-20 minutes until broccoli is tender crisp.
- Puree soup in blender or with immersion style blender until it reaches desired consistency.
- Add spinach to blended broccoli soup in roaster, stir spinach into soup. The heat of the soup will wilt the spinach.
- Taste soup and add additional seasonings as desired.
- Serve soup hot, garnish with a minced scallions if desired.
- Add additional shredded fresh ginger to top of each serving if desired.
- Homemade vegetable or chicken stock is a great to have on hand, make it without salt and add salt as needed.