Broccolini, a cruciferous vegetable, is a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli. Broccolini is sweeter in taste with longer and tender stalks and cooks very quickly, making is a perfect stir fry vegetable. Broccolini is rich in vitamins A, C, and K.
- Trim broccolini and place in a bowl of water and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together vegetable stock, pesto and diced tomatoes.
- Preheat wok over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on wok skitter and dissipate, add broccolini, leaving excess water on the vegetable. Stir fry 3 - 4 minutes, tossing constantly so cooking is even.
- When broccolini is crispy tender, pour pesto mixture on top. Add cannellini beans, season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine.
- Cover and cook an additional 1 - 2 minutes until heated through.
- Serve stir fry as a side dish or on top of pasta or cooked brown rice for a vegetarian entrée.
- Broccolini can be substituted for broccoli rabe or broccoli; adjust cooking times as necessary.
- Spice up stir fry by adding a pinch of crushed red pepper and garnish with an extra shaving of Parmesan cheese.