3.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Bake and Roast Pan (9 x 13)
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious. www.marniwasserman.com
This frozen dessert is incredibly refreshing, energizing, and naturally caffeine free! It is a delicious summer treat, especially when you are on the run and want an energizing snack to get you going.
1⁄2 - 1
nut butter (almond or sunflower)
(125 - 250
1⁄2 - 1
(43 - 86
- Place figs in bowl. Cover with water and let soak for an hour, until soft. Drain liquid and reserve.
- In a blender, blend the figs and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add soaking water as needed to form creamy consistency.
- Transfer fig mixture into large bowl, add the nut butter, and stir to combine.
- In small bowl, mix the carob powder and hemp seeds.
- Gradually add the dry carob mixture into the wet fig mixture. Stir well.
- Press mixture evenly into bake and roast pan, 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick, and freeze until firm; approximately 3 hours.
- To serve, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) squares. Sprinkle with additional hemp seeds, if desired.
- Carob comes from pods - just like chocolate - but tastes nothing like it. It is rich in calcium, iron, and has no caffeine. It has a nutty flavor and goes perfectly with hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are high in protein and are great for healthy hair, skin, and nails.