Saladmaster Food Processor
11" Large Skillet with Cover
large mixing bowl
Chef John Lara
Personal chef to former U.S. President
Saladmaster stovetop baking saves energy and money and still can be delicious! Try this tasty cake - and the plus is that this recipe uses no high-caloric oils.
bananas, rip, mashed
walnuts, strung, use Cone #2
raisins, strung, use Cone #2
carrots, strung, use Cone #2, divided
Filling and Topping
fresh strawberries and mint to garnish
- Preheat large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, blend together all dry ingredients through nutmeg.
- In another large bowl, whisk together bananas, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and honey until smooth and creamy. Fold in nuts, raisins, and half of the carrots.
- Combine dry ingredients and batter; fold together thoroughly.
- In large skillet, place remaining half of the carrots and spread evenly on the bottom of the skillet. Pour cake mixture on top of carrots and spread carefully and evenly with a spatula. Cover and bake for approximately 50 minutes until cooked through. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Icing and Assembly
- Beat together all icing ingredients until smooth.
- When cake is cooled, run a small metal spatula around the pan to help loosen cake from edge. Place large plate over the top of the pan and invert.
- With cake on the plate, spread cream cheese mixture on the top and garnish with strawberries and mint.