Want the take out but don't want the carbs and calories in fried rice? Then this is the recipe for you! One cup of cauliflower is equivalent to 25 calories versus the 218 calories in a cup of white rice. Loaded with vegetables and delicious flavors, you'll never go back to fried rice again!
Hungry for more? Click here to experience a meal with Saladmaster.
- Preheat skillet at 375°F (190°C) for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Process onion and carrot using Cone # 2 and set aside. Cut the head of cauliflower in half and process both halves using Cone #1.
- Add carrots, onion and peas to the skillet. cover and cook for 5 mins.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, brown sugar, ground ginger and red pepper flakes and whisk.
- Move vegetables to the side in your skillet and add eggs, cover and cook for 3 minutes, check periodically until eggs are scrambled. Combine eggs and vegetables.
- Add cabbage and combine ingredients. Cover and cook. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, turn heat down to low (180°F /80°C) and cook for for 7-10 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Garnish with green onions and serve!
- For non-vegetarians, add your choice of shrimp, chicken, pork, beef or all 4 for a combination "fried rice" meal.
- For additional protein, add tofu when sauteing vegetables.
- For an extra kick, top with Sriracha.