6 servings, as a side dish
Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
A pilaf is a seasoned dish made with rice which often has bits of vegetables, herbs and seasonings added to it. In this lighter style pilaf, cauliflower rice is the substitute for rice. This quick and easy recipe is ready in about 15 minutes.
onion, julienned, use cone #2
carrots, scrubbed, julienned, use Cone #2
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
cauliflower, processed, use Cone #3 (rinsed thoroughly, do not dry)
fresh basil, chopped
fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan cheese, shredded, use Cone #1
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 minutes, place onions, carrots and garlic in skillet and place cover ajar on top of skillet. Sauté vegetables until they begin to soften and brown slightly, approximately 4 minutes.
- Add cauliflower to skillet and stir into sautéed vegetables. Place cover on skillet. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook until tender but still slightly firm, approximately 7 - 9 minutes.
- When vegetables are done cooking add fresh herbs, salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Vary fresh herb combinations try: mint, parsley and chives; or thyme, sage and parsley.
- If fresh herbs are not available add in 1 1/2 tablespoons (7 g) of dry herbs to the sautéing vegetables to extract more flavor during cooking.