6 servings as a side dish
Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Wok with Cover
small mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Lighten up your traditional stir fried rice by substituting rice for cauliflower and adding in a lot of vegetables. Serve as a side dish or as an entrée with a side of seaweed salad or sautéed greens.
shrimp, peeled, deveined and diced into small pieces
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
heads cauliflower, rinsed and drained, processed, use Cone #3 (about 4 cups)
frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, green beans, corn or your favorite combination)
scallions, white and green part, thinly sliced
toasted sesame oil
tamari or natural soy sauce
almond slivers, toasted (optional)
- Preheat wok over medium heat until several drops of water sprinkled on wok skitter and dissipate.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs with water until combined. Add eggs to wok and cook approximately 30 seconds, until cooked through. Remove eggs and set aside.
- Place chopped shrimp in wok and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until cooked through and firm. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add cauliflower, garlic and ginger to wok, spreading vegetables out to cover pan. Stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes, tossing occasionally.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables, cooked eggs and shrimp. Toss to combine and place cover on pan slightly ajar. Stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Season stir fry with toasted sesame oil, tamari and chopped scallions.
- Taste and add more seasoning, if needed.
- Serve stir fry topped with toasted slivered almonds, if desired.
- Substitute shrimp for chicken, beef or tofu.
- Substitute frozen vegetables for your favorite combination of fresh seasoned vegetables: broccoli, zucchini, snap peas, carrots.