Saladmaster Food Processor
large mixing bowl
Cookie Sheet (12 ½ x 15 ½)
all purpose flour
Earth Balance Natural shortening sticks
cheddar cheese, finely shredded, use Cone #1
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cake flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and baking soda.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add cheddar cheese.
- Stir in buttermilk and mix until just moistened.
- Line baking/cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a tablespoon, drop two spoonfuls of biscuit batter onto baking sheet; drop batter for each biscuit approximately 2-inches apart.
- Bake at 425°F/218°C for 10 - 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and transfer to a baking rack; allow to cool slightly before serving.