Sweet peppers stuffed with quinoa, broccoli & mozzarella cheese are the perfect simple meal in an edible bowl. Quick cooking quinoa is a great source of protein and fiber and can be prepared ahead of time. Use your favorite convenience foods; frozen vegetables and store bought sauce.
- Wash and trim peppers and slice in ½ lengthwise. Remove seeds and white pith from peppers and place peppers on clean plate.
- Place chilled quinoa in a mixing bowl. Drain defrosted broccoli and chop into small pieces and add to quinoa.
- Add sundried tomato, basil, granulated garlic and salt to quinoa, stir to combine.
- Add ½ cup of shredded mozzarella and stir.
- Divide quinoa mixture evenly between peppers. Pour tomato sauce on bottom of Braiser pan, making sure it covers bottom of pan evenly.
- Place stuffed peppers on top of sauce in Braiser pan, sprinkle remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on top of peppers.
- Place lid on Braiser pan and when Vapo Valve™ begins to click steadily turn heat to low and cook for 20-30 minutes until peppers have reached desired tenderness.
- Serve stuffed peppers with a little bit of tomato sauce.
- Substitute mozzarella cheese for a vegan mozzarella style cheese.
- Substitute other cooked grain for quinoa; brown rice or forbidden rice.
- Add in chopped turkey or Italian style sausage.
- Serve with a fresh tossed salad.