11" Large Skillet with Cover
small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
coconut oil spray
pre-made refrigerator pie crust (rolled thin to fit skillet)
pinch of salt
quick cooking tapioca
pitted sweet cherries
blackberries (or raspberries)
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, salt and tapioca thoroughly. Combine cherries and berries in large bowl; gently add sugar mixture and toss. Set aside and let stand 15 minutes before adding to pie crust.
- Lightly spray skillet with coconut oil. Spread pie crust over the bottom of the skillet and up the side walls. Using a fork, gently puncture the crust in a few spots across the bottom and on the side walls to prevent crust from cracking when cooking. Roll and shape the edges of crust to form a decorative scalloped finish.
- Add fruit filling, cover and bake on top of the stove for 35 minutes. (Stove temperatures vary, so for gas stoves cook over low heat, and for electric stoves cook over medium-low heat. Adjust cooking time and temperature as needed.)
- Uncover and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Using an additional pie crust, cut 1/8 inch thick decorative shapes in crust to decorate pie for seasonal festivities. Cook under the broiler for approximately 5 - 7 minutes to crisp the dough topping. For added flavor, sprinkle dough with granulated sugar or colored sugar toppings.