Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
small mixing bowl
Saladmaster® Oil Core Skillet Healthy Cooking Guide
Broccoli derives from the Latin word brachium, which means branch or arm, becasue of its tree-like shape that features a compact head of florets attached by small stems to a larger stalk. This vegetable provides a mixture of tastes and textures because of its different components, ranging from the florets that are soft and flowery to the stem and stalk that are fibrous and crunchy.
boneless skinless chicken breasts, partially frozen
green onions, cut into 1⁄2 inch pieces, greens thinly sliced
fresh mushrooms, sliced, use Cone #4
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
fresh ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
reduced-sodium soy sauce
low-sodium fat-free chicken stock, or water
- Using a knife, slice chicken into thin strips. Set aside.
- Using a separate knife, cut broccoli spears from head and cut large spears in half lengthwise. Peel stalk and cut into appriximately 1 1⁄2 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat covered electric skillet to 375°F/190°C. Add chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink.
- Add broccoli spears, broccoli stalks and white parts of onions to electric skillet.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and ginger and stir-fry until mushrooms are opaque and vegetables are under cooked, approximately 3 minutes.
- Drizzle soy sauce over all and toss to coat.
- Reduce temperature to 250°F/120°C. Cover and steam for 2 minutes, until broccoli is crisp tender. Do not overcook.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl whisk cornstarch into chicken stock. Stir into chicken and broccoli mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until glossy and mixture is coated.
- Serve hot with brown rice, if desired