Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
11" Large Skillet with Cover
small mixing bowl
chicken stock, fat-free, low-sodium, divided
chicken breast, skinless and boneless, cubed
carrot, cut into matchstick-size pieces, or sliced, use Cone #4
red onion, slivered, or sliced, use Cone #4
red bell pepper, julienned
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
artichoke hearts, drained, quartered
dry wine, or additional chicken stock
yogurt, plain, nonfat
- Place 3 cups of chicken stock in sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and add couscous and raisins. Stir to mix, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and transfer to large platter or large heated bowl.
- Meanwhile, preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on the pan skitter and dissipate, place chicken in pan. Cook for approximately 4 minutes until no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Add carrot, onion, bell pepper, garlic and curry powder. Stir for additional 2 minutes.
- Arrange artichokes on top, cover and cook until Vapo-Valve™ clicks. Reduce heat to low and cook 3 minutes, until carrots and pepper are crisp-tender.
- Using slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetables and arrange on top of couscous. Cover and keep warm.
- In small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1⁄2 cup (120 mL) chicken stock. Stir into drippings in skillet. Add wine, cook and stir over medium-low heat until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in yogurt and pepper. Stir until heated through. Spoon hot sauce over chicken and vegetables, top with parsley and serve.