Saladmaster Food Processor
7 Qt./6.6 L Roaster with Cover
10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
medium mixing bowl
onion, strung, use Cone #2
fresh lime, juice and zest, shredded, use Cone #1
- Cut chicken breasts into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. Place tortillas in skillet and toast 8 - 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from skillet and cool.
- In roaster over medium heat, combine chicken broth, onions, chili peppers, oregano, ¼ teaspoon lime zest, 2 tablespoons lime juice, black pepper and garlic. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and cover. Increase heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and cook 7 - 9 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and cover. Heat thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with parsley or cilantro. Top individual servings with tortilla strips.