6 Qt. Grand Gourmet with Cover (Limited Edition)
Saladmaster Food Processor
Green chili and tomatillo salsa is a delicious and easy base for this spicy stew. Shredded zucchini blends perfectly into the sauce base adding more flavor and extra nutrition to the stew. Serve this with a large fresh green salad.
boneless chicken thighs, trimmed excess fat
onion, strung, use Cone #2
zucchini, strung, use Cone #2
red potato, scrubbed, cut into chunks
tomatillo and green salsa
- Preheat skillet over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Cook chicken thighs for 5-6 minutes on each side until browned. Don’t worry if chicken is not fully cooked. Remove chicken from pan, along with any juices and place in a clean dish.
- Sauté onions and zucchini for 2-3 minutes, add red potato.
- Sprinkle garlic, cumin, oregano and salt over vegetables and stir.
- Add chicken and any juices that have accumulated in dish to pan.
- Pour tomatillo salsa and chicken stock over the top.
- Place cover on skillet and when Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 15-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are soft.
- Taste and add lime juice and any additional seasonings as desired.
- Optional: Serve lime wedges and chopped cilantro to add to stew.