Saladmaster Food Processor
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Le Grand Gourmet
chicken breasts, boneless skinless
all purpose seasoning
large red onion, julienned, use Cone #2
fresh garlic, grated, use Cone #1
white wine, optional
fresh asparagus, trimmed
- Season chicken with all purpose seasoning and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Preheat electric skillet to 350°F/175°C.
- Place chicken in electric skillet, cover and sear until lightly browned.
- When browned, turn chicken, cover and brown second side. Cover should remain slighlty ajar during browning.
- Continue to cook until chicken is about 3⁄4 done, approximately 12 - 15 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken from electric skillet and set aside.
- Place onions and garlic in electric skillet and sauté until golden brown. The natural moisture and sugars from the onions will begin to caramelize.
- Add white wine, if desired.
- Add fresh asparagus, cover and continue to cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Asparagus should remain crunchy and become a vibrant green.
- Return chicken breasts to electric skillet and cover.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce temperature to 165°F/75°C to form a vapor seal.
- Continue to cook until juices from the chicken breasts run clear, approximately 5 - 6 minutes.
- A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast should read 170°F/77°C when done.
- To serve, arrange chicken breasts on plate and top with the asparagus and caramelized onions.
- Try apple juice or chicken broth in place of white wine.
- Compliment this dish with your favorite pasta or rice.