8 - 10 servings
5 Qt./4.7 L Roaster with Cover
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Burrito bowls are an easy to prepare weeknight meal with all of the yummy flavors you love in a burrito, but without the fuss of wrapping and rolling. Serve the tortilla wraps on the side, if desired.
boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 1 in. pieces
taco seasoning blend
black beans, rinsed and drained
water or vegetable stock
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in roaster skitter and dissipate, add chicken and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Toss to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Cook chicken for 5 - 7 minutes, until chicken is lightly browned on all sides.
- Add black beans, corn and rice. Stir to combine.
- Add salsa, water and salt. Stir to combine and place cover on roaster.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 - 30 minutes (according to package directions).
- Turn heat off and let roaster rest, undisturbed, for 10 minutes. Remove cover and gently stir mixture.
- Serve burrito bowl filling as is or with an assortment of toppings.
- Serve burrito bowls with optional toppings so diners can customize to their tastes: shredded jack cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, guacamole, chopped tomato, minced scallions, cilantro, shredded lettuce or thinly sliced cabbage.
- Substitute chicken for shrimp.
- Substitute rice for quinoa, which cooks in approximately 16 - 20 minutes.