Saladmaster Food Processor
10" Electric Oil Core Skillet
12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
large mixing bowl
Blending the sweetness of mango, pineapple and pomegranate with the zing of peppers and onion provides the perfect accompaniment for chicken or seafood that will definitely please any crowd! This dish also makes a beautiful presentation.
chicken breast, boned and skinless
fresh mango, peeled, cored and diced
fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
fresh pomegranate berries
green chili peppers, diced
red onion, strung, use Cone #2
fresh mint, chopped, if desired
- Place mango, pineapple, pomegranate, peppers and onion in a large bowl and toss.
- Pour lime juice, oil and salt over mixture and stir gently to blend. Cover and place in refrigerator. May be made the day before.
- Place chicken in electric skillet, meaty side down, cover and set digital probe to 250°F/120°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, turn chicken, and recover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks again, turn heat to low and continue to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken and allow to rest for five minutes, then slice.
- To assemble, place butter lettuce leaves on plate. Arrange chicken slices on top of lettuce. Spread mango mixture on top of chicken and sprinkle with mint before serving.
- Salsa also make a delicious dip for tortilla chips.
- Salsa is a nice accompaniment for seafood.
- Can substitute spicier pepper, e.g. jalapeno, for the green chilies if a hotter taste is desired.
- Papaya can be added or used as a substitute for pomegranate.