Saladmaster Food Processor
4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
Pozole is a soup or stew from Mexico that is traditionally made with pork, hominy and chili peppers. In this recipe, we substitute the pork for chicken and combine chile guajillo and chile ancho for a delicious combination of flavors.
large onion, halved
cloves garlic, divided
head cabbage, sliced, use Cone #5
radishes, sliced, use Cone #4
lime, cut into quarters or slices
- Add water, chicken, half the onion, 2 garlic cloves and bay leaves to roaster. Cover and cook over medium heat until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Remove chicken from roaster and place in a dish. Shred with two forks and set aside.
- Add chiles to roaster along with remaining onion and garlic. Cover and cook until tender.
- Remove chiles, onion and garlic, and transfer to a food processor or blender. Process until smooth and pour mixture back into roaster.
- Add hominy and shredded chicken. Cover and simmer for a few more minutes. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Add oregano.
- Add accompaniment ingredients to each serving, as desired. Serve hot.
- May serve accompaniment ingredients on separate plate for individuals to add to their own servings as desired.