3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
This dish is easy, can be made a day ahead, and will have people raving! This is a one dish meal that will delight the palate – as delicious as it is beautiful.
long grain and wild rice combination
chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
chicken, cooked and diced
green onions, sliced
fresh parsley, finely chopped
walnuts, toasted, chopped
heads bib lettuce
green grapes, optional
- Place rice and broth (can substitute for water, but broth will add more flavor) in sauce pan over medium heat and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until water has been absorbed. Drain and place in large bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. With motor running slowly add oil and continue to blend until thickened. Pour over rice and toss to coat.
- Add chicken, onions, parsley and cranberries; toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature at leas 30 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in walnuts and toss to combine.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on plates, spoon salad in center of leaves, garnish with grapes and serve at room temperature.
- Rice can be made in the MP5 according to rice cooking guide instructions.
- If using boxed rice product cook with the mixed herbs that come in the box.
- Can be made the day before.
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- The bib lettuce is not just for the aesthetic appeal, it is eaten with the salad.