small mixing bowl
large mixing bowl
This is a delectable one-dish meal that is fresh, easy and will become a basic in your household. So beautiful and delicious it is perfect for guests, and the bonus is that it can be cooked and prepared the day before.
chicken, cooked and diced
sundried tomatoes, approximately 3 ounces (85g)
long grain brown and wild rice, cooked (1 package)
green onions, chopped, include most of the green
salt and pepper, to taste
spinach leaves, sliced into strips
slivered almonds, toasted
avocado, sliced, garnish
red wine vinegar
lime or lemon juice
garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- Mix first 6 ingredients of the salad.
- Mix all of vinaigrette ingredients and blend well.
- Pour approximately 1⁄2 vinaigrette onto salad and mix to combine. (May be prepared up to this point one day in advance)
- When ready to serve, place bed of spinach on a plate and spoon salad over spinach.
- Sprinkle almonds on top and avocado slices on the side. Serve at room temperature.
- Place remaining vinaigrette for family or guests to use if desired.
- Use sundried tomatoes that are not packed in oil for a healthier, less caloric dish.
- Another version of this salad: prior to serving you may slice the spinach in strips and dice avocados, and add together with almonds to the salad, mixing well to combine.
- The 10" Chef's Gourmet Skillet is perfect for cooking the chicken in this recipe.