A dry rub made up of a combination of spices and herbs is a simple way to add layers of flavors when preparing poultry and meats without the addition of added fats. Mix up your own combination of spices and herbs or purchase a good quality premixed spice combination. Look for an organic blend of spices to avoid msg and other preservatives and additives.
Scallion Lime Dipping Sauce
- In large bowl combine dry rub ingredients; mix to combine.
- Rinse and pat dry chicken wings with paper towel and add to bowl. Gently massage spices into the chicken, mixing thoroughly. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator to marinate overnight or until ready to cook. You can also cook right away.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, preheat skillet on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 minutes, add chicken, making sure to not overcrowd the skillet. If necessary, cook chicken in two batches. Set 11" Large Skillet cover on top of skillet, slightly ajar.
- Cook chicken for approximately 24 minutes (12 minutes each side) until golden and juicy. Use turner to turn chicken over during cooking time to ensure even browning.
- Meanwhile, place yogurt, lime zest, lime juice, scallions, salt and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- If you are cooking chicken in two batches place cooked chicken on serving platter and keep warm while second batch is cooking.
- Serve chicken wings with dipping sauce.
- Pair this dish with a large platter of raw seasonal vegetables; sugar snap peas, broccoli, carrots, peppers, cucumbers or celery.
- If you like your chicken wings extra spicy add more chipotle and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to your dry rub.