12 servings, 1⁄2 a pepper
Saladmaster Food Processor
9 Qt./8.5 L Braiser Pan with Cover
6 - 7
large bell peppers (desired combination of green, yellow, red or orange peppers)
ground turkey breast
onions, strung, use Cone #2
jars spaghetti sauce, 48 ounces each (1.36 kg each)
cooked white rice
- Wash and core peppers. Set aside.
- Preheat pan on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add ground turkey and onion. Cook until browned.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, spaghetti sauce and cooked rice. Mix well.
- Fill peppers with mixture, leaving some of the mixture in pan.
- Place peppers on top of mixture, cover and cook. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook 35 - 45 minutes or until peppers are tender. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- To reduce this recipe by half, use the 11" Large Skillet with Cover or 7 Qt. Roaster with Cover instead of the 9 Qt. Braiser Pan.
- Brown rice may be substituted for white rice, depending on preference.
- Remove the ground turkey breast from this dish to make it vegetarian or vegan.