8 - 10 servings
Mega Skillet Limited Edition
Chef John Lara
Personal chef to former U.S. President
A wonderful healthy recipe that you and your family can enjoy as a vegan entrée or side dish compliment.
fresh leek stalk, cleaned well, diced small
Roma tomatoes, diced small
green pepper, diced small
jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
low-sodium vegetable stock
5 - 6
black beans, rinsed and drained (12 ounces/340g each)
frozen corn, thawed
sea salt and pepper to taste
fresh cilantro, minced
limes, cut in wedges, garnish
cilantro leaves, garnish
red pepper, diced small, garnish
- Preheat Mega Skillet on medium heat, approximately 5 - 7 minutes. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add leeks, tomatoes, green peppers, jalapeno, garlic and 1 cup vegetable stock. Sauté for 4 - 5 minutes or until vegetables are slightly translucent.
- Add remaining vegetable stock, lime zest, cumin, chili powder and saffron. Allow stock to come to a slight simmer.
- Add couscous, black beans and corn, folding all ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and allow couscous to cook 3 - 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep covered for 5 minutes. Taste for doneness and toss with fresh cilantro.
- Garnish with lime wedges, cilantro leaves and red peppers. Squeeze lime juice from wedges over entrée prior to serving.