Saladmaster Food Processor
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
green bell peppers, chopped
green onions, sliced
garlic clove, shredded, use Cone #1
low-fat, low-sodium chicken stock
medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
celery powder (ground celery seed)
dried thyme, crumbled
hot pepper sauce
frozen sliced okra
crab meat, canned
diced turkey ham
- Preheat pan on medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add peppers, onions and garlic. Sauté approximately 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock, tomatoes, celery powder, thyme and hot pepper sauce and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in okra.
- Cover and cook until Vapo-Valve™ clicks. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes or until okra is tender.
- Meanwhile, drain, flake and remove cartilage from crab meat.
- Increase heat to medium and stir in crab meat and turkey ham. Heat through.
- Serve over hot rice in soup bowl.
- Gumbo may also be served over rice-shaped pasta called orzo, which cooks in about half the time of rice. Simply bring water or chicken stock in pan to a boil over medium heat and cook according to package directions. Drain and use in place of rice with gumbo.