1 ½ Qt./1.4 L Sauce Pan with Cover
small mixing bowl
medium mixing bowl
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Cornbread is a delicious and festive addition to any meal. Fresh and dried cranberries add a pop of sweet and tart flavor. No need to turn the oven on!
organic cornmeal, finely ground
organic whole wheat pastry flour
baking powder, aluminum-free
fresh cranberries, chopped
dried cranberries, chopped
- Sift cornmeal, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine buttermilk, vanilla extract, eggs, maple syrup and cranberries. Whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and gently stir to combine just until moistened. Do not over mix.
- Lightly coat bottom and sides of pan with coconut or vegetable oil spray.
- Pour cornbread mixture into pan. Place cover on pan.
- Turn heat to medium. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 20 - 30 minutes or until done.
- Turn off heat when done. Remove and wipe any excess water from cover, and place back on pan. Let cornbread rest for 10 minutes.
- Loosen cornbread around sides using a small knife. Place a serving dish on pan and invert cornbread onto dish.
- Substitute buttermilk with a non-dairy milk.
- For breakfast, serve cornbread as is; for lunch, with soup; and for dinner, with roasted turkey, chicken or your favorite vegan entree.