This light and delectable soup can be served lukewarm or chilled and makes a wonderful beginning to any meal, or a light lunch or dinner. The hint of mint is the perfect touch for this fresh-tasting soup that is very low in calories and has almost no fat.
- Place water and tea in tea kettle, bring to boil and maintain boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to steep while performing other tasks.
- Place roaster under Saladmaster Machine and shred and slice garlic and leek directly into roaster. Add pepper and place temperature setting to medium. Stir-fry until leek softens.
- Add tea and stock to roaster and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While soup simmers, rinse broccoli, do not dry, and place in sauce pan and cover. Place heat on medium; when Vapo-Valve™ clicks reduce heat to low and cook until fork-tender, approximately 5 minutes. Drain, if needed, and place in roaster.
- Turn off heat. Add soy milk, yogurt, mint, salt and pepper. Stir to blend.
- Place soup in blender or food processor and process until blended and creamy; may need to do in batches.
- Serve lukewarm or chilled.
- Use additional jalapeño pepper for spicier taste.