10 full servings
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
4 Qt./3.8 L Roaster with Cover
Certified Chef and Culinary Nutritionist, Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic, plant-based diet that is both simple and delicious.
Broccoli truly is a miracle vegetable. It is loaded with vitamin C, fiber and chlorophyll. It is great in marinated salads, lightly steamed or pureed into soups.
medium broccoli stalks peeled with florets (about 6 cups)
chopped fresh parsley
crushed dried rosemary
1⁄2 - 1
(3 - 6
fresh ground pepper to taste
brown rice flour (optional)
- Peel broccoli stems. Chop stems and florets into small pieces.
- Place broccoli and water in roaster over medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and simmer until tender.
- With a slotted spoon, remove one cup of broccoli florets and set aside.
- Place remaining broccoli, liquid, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and salt in blender (or use a hand blender). Puree until smooth and return mixture to roaster.
- Stir in broccoli florets and white sauce. Adjust salt if needed and add pepper to taste
- Heat gently (do not boil) and serve immediately.
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan. Add the flour and cook on low for ten minutes. Stir in rice milk with a whisk, bring to a simmer until thickened, stirring constantly with the whisk. This is important - otherwise your sauce will be lumpy. If that happens, blend it or put it through a sieve.