Cauliflower is a nutritious substitution for the traditional version of this creamy sauce, made with cream, butter and flour. This sauce is silky smooth, easy to make and pairs well with pasta, grilled vegetables, beef or on top of baked sweet potato.
- Preheat sauce pan over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 5 - 6 minutes until softened and lightly browned. Add cauliflower and stir to combine.
- Add almond milk, stock and nutmeg, stirring to combine. Cover.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Puree cauliflower with immersion-style blender, or transfer to a blender, until smooth and creamy. Add grated parmesan cheese, olive oil, pepper and salt, to taste. Stir to combine.
- Serve sauce warm as is or add in peas and cook for 1 - 2 minutes until heated through.
- Serve sauce tossed with pasta for an easy entrée.
- Garnish sauce with an additional sprinkle of grated or shaved parmesan cheese.