36 appetizers, 1 per serving
1 Qt./.9 L Sauce Pan with Cover
5 Qt./4.7 L Multi-Purpose Oil Core
large mixing bowl
long grain rice
tomato, peeled and diced
fresh parsley, chopped
green onions, chopped
fresh mint, chopped
garlic, grated, use Cone #1
plain yogurt, nonfat
- Place rice and water in MP5. Set digital heat control setting to RIC1 and cook. Or place rice and water in 1 quart sauce pan over medium heat and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ sounds reduce heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes or until rice has absorbed water and is tender. Remove from heat, let stand covered for 5 minutes, then remove cover and transfer to large bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- When rice is cooled, fluff with a fork and add all ingredients except cucumbers.
- Cut cucumber crosswise into 1⁄2-inch slices. Hollow out center of each slice, leaving bottom intact. Fill each cucumber slice with scant tablespoon of rice mixture.
- Can substitute yogurt with low-fat sour cream.
- To create a fancier look to the cucumber: before slicing, take a fork and run the tines along the length of the cucumber, applying pressure to the head of the fork. Continue until the entire cucumber is scored with the lines. Then cut cucumber crosswise into slices.
- Can garnish with mint leaves.