Saladmaster Food Processor
4.5 Qt. Mini Braiser Pan with Cover (Limited Edition)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
A dry spice rub is an easy way to add a lot of flavor into a long cooking piece of meat. After meat is browned, let the Mini Braiser pan work it’s magic with slow cooking that results in tender and juicy meat.
bone-in -pork shoulder, trimmed of excess outer fat
fine ground coffee, medium roast
coconut sugar or brown sugar
chipotle chili powder, ground
- In a small bowl combine ground coffee, cumin, coconut sugar, chipotle powder, garlic and salt, stir to combine.
- Rub trimmed pork shoulder all over with spice rub, giving it a generous coating. There will be extra spice rub, store extra in a covered jar for future use.
- Seasoning pork can be done in advance, cover and let rest in refrigerator for 2-6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook pork shoulder, Preheat Braiser pan over medium-high heat, until several drops of water sprinkled in pan skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes.
- Brown pork shoulder for 6-8 minutes on each side until it has a nice golden crusty exterior.
- Pour beer over pork shoulder and cover with pan lid.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily turn heat to low and cook for 3 -4 hours until meat is fork tender. Meat should easily come off of the bone.
- Transfer pork shoulder to a clean bowl and remove meat, shredding pieces with two forks or your fingers. Remove and discard large pieces of fat, grizzle and bone.
- Place shredded meat back in pan and toss with pan juices. Taste and season as needed, add extra dry rub if needed.
- Serve shredded meat as is, on top of taco or tortilla shell, or as a filling for enchilada. Add to rice dishes or serve on soft roll.
- Substitute bone in for boneless pork shoulder, cooking time will be shorter.
- Replace beer for beef stock or red wine.
- Serve shredded pork shoulder on soft roll with pickles or a side of barbecue sauce.