4 servings, main course
12" Chef's Gourmet Skillet
large mixing bowl
7" Santoku Knife
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Pan (non) fried chicken gets a big pop of flavor with a simple curry dry rub. Curry powder is a mixture of fragrant spices that vary greatly from region to region. Curry is often used in South Asian cuisines. Most curry blends include turmeric, cumin, coriander and chili peppers with the addition of other spices. There are many delicious curry blends available in the spice section of your local market. Some curries have a hint of sweetness while others can have varying degrees of heat. Experiment and find a curry blend you like for an easy way to add flavor to many dishes.
chicken breast, boneless, trimmed
dry apricots, minced
cilantro leaves, minced
lemon juice, fresh
salt and pepper to taste
whole grain pita bread
- Season chicken breast with curry and salt; rub in to the chicken to coat thoroughly.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, place chicken in skillet and cover, with lid slightly ajar. Cook chicken on both sides until browned and cooked through, approximately 4 - 5 minutes on each side.
- When chicken is cooked remove from skillet and cool.
- Cut chicken into small pieces, or shred with two forks.
- Place scallions, apricots, cilantro, mayonnaise and lemon juice in bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add chicken to mixture and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken in warm pita bread and top with sprouts or serve on bed of lettuce.
- Substitute dry apricots with chopped mango or apple.