Easy yet elegant, this recipe has the rich taste of a culinary undertaking of a much more time-consuming affair. This is a wonderful recipe to have on hand because not only is it simple to make, with subtle changes you can create entirely different tastes.
- Place water in tea kettle and bring to a boil over medium heat. Pour ½ cup into small mixing bowl and add tea bag, orange zest and sugar. Stir to blend, cover and allow to steep approximately 5 minutes.
- Place flax seed and water into another small mixing bowl, stir to blend, and let stand for approximately 1 minute.
- Place chocolate and vanilla in blender. Strain steeped tea into blender – do not allow zest into blender. When chocolate begins to melt, approximately 30 seconds, cover and blend at high-speed for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add flax seed mixture to blender, cover and blend again for approximately 1 minute.
- Place into 4 servings bowls, cover and refrigerate until set, approximately 3 - 4 hours. Can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Prior to serving top with dollop of whipped cream or yogurt, orange zest and shaved chocolate, if desired.
- The yogurt or whipped cream topping can be given an extra zing: add a pinch of orange zest or a splash of orange juice; add a little lemon zest or chopped fresh mint sprinkled on top. Or add a splash of your favorite flavored extract.
- Try replacing the Earl Grey tea with 1 tablespoon (3g) of instant coffee for a different taste.