Want an easier way to prepare your holiday turkey? Why not try cooking it on the stove-top? Our turkey cooking method takes less time than the oven, and uses significantly less energy, and the best part: you get a juicy, tender turkey with no basting! Watch Ivy prepare this delicious turkey.
- Preheat electric skillet at 450°F/230°C.
- Pat dry with a paper towel the surface of your turkey (particularly if you rinsed the turkey).
- Using a knife, make a single slit lengthwise along the bottom - middle of turkey breast.
- Rub the seasonings on the outside of the turkey breast. If you leave on the skin, rub on and under the skin. Also note that if you leave the skin on, your drippings will be greasier.
- Place turkey breast on side in skillet. Using the 5 Qt. Gourmet Wok as the lid, cover and roast for 10 - 15 minutes (until golden brown).
- Flip turkey breast to other side, and add sweet potatoes and onions.
- Replace cover over the turkey breast and reduce heat to 375°F/190°C.
- As the turkey cooks and you notice water begins bubbling around edge of the wok being used as the lid, or you can spin the wok around the electric skillet, reduce heat to 200°F/90°C.
- Total cooking time after reducing heat from 450°F to 375°F should be about 1 - 2 hours or 15 minutes per pound.
- Leave the turkey drippings in the electric skillet.
- Add cream of chicken soup.
- Stir on low heat (150°F/65°C - 200°F/90°C) until thick in consistency. Serve over turkey breast.