12" Electric Oil Core Skillet
Round Cake Pan (9 inch)
"Chef" Pete Updike
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
Some recipes are just too easy and quick in Saladmaster that it almost makes you feel guilty with the tasty end result. Whether its apple, blueberry or peach, the sky is the limit on what kind of pie you can make in the Saladmaster Electric Oil Core Skillet.
3 - 4
Fuji apples, waffled, use Cone #4
pie crust, pre-made or made from scratch
apple crisp dessert mix
miniature marshmallows, optional
- Roll out pie crust and press into cake pan.
- Layer apples in pie crust until slightly over-filled.
- Sprinkle dessert mix evenly over apples, making sure apples are completely covered. Add marshmallows on top, if desired.
- Place cake pan into cold electric skillet and cover. Set temperature to 400°F/205°C and timer for 20 minutes.
- Unplug heat control and let pie sit in covered skillet 15 minutes.
- In using the Saladmaster Machine to cut apples, you can cut against the side of the apple down to the core and then gradually turn.
- The pie will maintain more of its moisture in using the electric skillet instead of the oven.
- Substitute apple crisp dessert mix with a pie topping of choice.
- Substitute Fuji apples with any good baking apple of choice.