4 servings, 1 cup (71g) each
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
Stainless Steel Cutlery Set
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
This recipe is fast, healthy and delicious. Enjoy the natural taste and goodness of cooked broccoli without added water and oil in Saladmaster.
- Using a 4 inch (10 cm) paring knife, trim florets with approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) stem from broccoli bunch.
- Wash florets thoroughly leaving some of the water on the vegetables. This simply replenishes the moisture that may have been lost from garden to market.
- Place florets in the sauce pan and cover. Turn temperature setting to medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click, reduce temperature to low and cook 5 - 7 minutes. Do not over cook as vitamins and minerals may be destroyed.
- When purchasing fresh broccoli, look for bunches that have a deep green, or almost blue in appearance, and have tightly closed buds. Avoid broccoli that has yellowish or brown stems and florets. Wash thoroughly just before using.
- If using frozen broccoli, do not rinse under water. Simply place frozen broccoli in the pan and follow the same directions as for fresh broccoli. Because the vegetables are frozen it may take slightly longer for the Vapo-Valve™ to begin clicking, this is normal.