6 servings, 6 sprouts per serving
3 Qt./2.8 L Sauce Pan with Cover
3 Qt./2.8 L Perforated Basket
Stainless Steel Cutlery Set
Authorized Saladmaster Dealer
Enjoy the taste of all natural fresh Brussels sprouts cooked in Saladmaster.
pieces fresh Brussels sprouts
- Wash fresh Brussels sprouts thoroughly under tap water.
- Add approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) water to sauce pan. Insert steamer inset in sauce pan. Add fresh Brussels sprouts to inset and cover.
- Turn temperature setting to medium heat. When Vapo-Valve™ is steadily clicking, reduce temperature setting to low and cook for 10-minutes.
- Brussels sprouts are available year round, but their peak growing period is from autumn until early spring.
- If using frozen Brussels sprouts, cook approximately 15 minutes after Vapo-Valve™ is steadily signaling. Do not over cook as Brussels sprouts will taste bitter and could loose their nutritional value.
- When purchasing Brussels sprouts, good quality Brussels sprouts are firm, compact, and vivid green. They should be free of yellowed or wilted leaves and should not be puffy or soft in texture. Avoid those that have perforations in their leaves as this may indicate that they have aphids residing within.
- If Brussels sprouts are sold individually, choose those of equal size to ensure that they will cook evenly.