No one will go away hungry with this Saladmaster creation! In general, when converting recipes from the oven to your Saladmaster Electric Oil Core Skillet, reduce the recommended cooking temperature by 100 degrees. Then cover the skillet, wait for the Vapo-Valve™ to click steadily and reduce the heat to low. Enjoy!
- Place frozen chicken in cold skillet and cover. Set temperature to 250°F/120°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, turn heat off and pour out excess liquid from skillet.
- Layer onions, potatoes and green beans over chicken. Top with a layer of corn tortillas.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables over tortillas. Pour cream of mushroom soup evenly over vegetables.
- Top casserole with a layer of cheese. (Cheese layer may be above rim level; it will end up melting into the casserole.)
- Cover and set temperature to 250°F/120°C. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks steadily, reduce temperature to 150°F/65°C and cook for 30 - 40 minutes.
- You may use your RIC1 setting on the heat control, which will automatically set the temperature to medium and then reduce to low as the cooking time progresses.
- Use up to 32 ounces (907g) of frozen mixed vegetables to fill the skillet as desired.
- Substitute cream of mushroom soup with cream of celery or your favorite variation.
- Use your culinary imagination to vary the ingredients in this casserole.