12 balls, 1 per serving
Saladmaster Food Processor
5 Qt./4.7 L Gourmet Wok with Cover
large mixing bowl
lean ground pork
water chestnuts, strung, using Cone #2
fresh ginger root, shredded, using Cone #1
egg white, lightly beaten
lite soy sauce
sauce for pork balls, see tips
- Lightly mix pork, water chestnuts, ginger root, egg white and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Shape mixture into bite-size balls and roll each ball in cornstarch.
- Preheat wok on medium-high heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on pan skitter and dissipate, add pork balls, a few at a time.
- Fry until they are golden brown color and cooked throughout.
- Pour sauce over pork balls, optional.
- These pork balls are delicious on their own, but there are many wonderful sauces that can really add variety to this recipe. This is a wonderful place to let your creative juices flow.
- For a tangy, citrus addition: blend together in a 1 Qt. Sauce Pan over low heat orange juice, chicken broth, orange zest, and a touch of honey and crushed red pepper flakes.
- For a tomato taste: blend together in a 1 Qt. Sauce Pan over low heat tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and oregano.