This one pan meal using convenience foods is a great weeknight alternative to your go to pasta dishes. Shelf stable gnocchi, a potato based soft dumpling usually with added flour and egg, are available in most stores where dried pastas are sold.
Use your 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover with your 12 in. Chef's Gourmet Skillet.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 6 - 9 minutes, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add gnocchi and olive oil. Brown gnocchi for 8 - 10 minutes, turning occasionally with metal spatula until light golden brown.
- Remove gnocchi, onions and garlic from skillet and transfer to a bowl. Set aside.
- Add tomato sauce, beans, olives, crushed red pepper and frozen greens to skillet. Stir to combine and cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add gnocchi back to skillet, stirring to combine. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over top of gnocchi.
- Place 12 in. Electric Oil Core Skillet cover on skillet. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 - 18 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let rest, with cover on, for 10 minutes before serving.
- Substitute frozen chopped mixed greens for frozen spinach or frozen chopped broccoli.
- Do not use frozen gnocchi for this recipe. It will get mushy and not cook properly.
- Add in leftover chopped cooked sausage or chicken, if desired.